As we approach Life Instyle Sydney we take a look at the fresh new products from Aura by Tracie Ellis. We know there is a few things on our shopping list!
This contemporary brand which is a familiar face at Life Instyle has created yet another sensational collection of trend creating products that will have you begging for more.
- What path brought you to Life Instyle?
We’ve been visiting Life In Style for years, and exhibiting for 4 years now. It never disappoints. Every year we meet new customers and connect with our loyal retailers we’ve been working with for a long time. It’s always exciting to show our new collections and to meet people who are discovering AURA for the first time.
A typical day at work involves…
One of the many things I love about my work is there is no such thing as a typical day. I travel several times a year so I might be visiting our manufacturers in India or Thailand or travelling through Europe looking for design inspiration. When I’m in Melbourne I am based at our office most days. I have a small, very passionate team of people who work on marketing, graphic design, social media, public relations, visual merchandising, customer service, distribution and everything in between. At the moment I am designing our Summer 16/17 range so that is consuming a lot of my time.
- Our style is best described as…
A little bit Nordic, a little bit Indian and a whole lot of Melbourne.
- If I wasn’t doing this I’d probably…
That’s easy. Living at our farmhouse in country Victoria, planting an orchid, gardening, painting, trying to work out how to build a dry stone wall and starring up into that big country sky.
- The biggest influence in my career life is…
My team and my husband. My AURA team has a myriad of skills and experience that influence our direction, and make my job my passion and an absolute pleasure. My husband is a great sounding board and an astute businessman.
- My dream mentor would be…
Donna Karan always, she is my life mentor.
- Right now I’m working on…
The AURA Summer 2017 range
- Our brand story:Founded in 2000, AURA by Tracie Ellis has always strived to create uninhibited, stylish homewares. Although inspired by years of global meandering, we design all our products back home in Melbourne, and while we’ve seen many trends come and go, we design for the way we feel, with thoughtful design. Over time we’ve evolved from a range of extravagant colour, grand shapes and daring patterns, into a softer & calmer palette. It’s a world where pure and natural fibres mingle freely with delightfully unique hand-made cushions and ceramics.
- Trend Watch: We are designing towards fabrics, objects & colour that we can embrace, and will make us feel happy and safe in our homes. Taking away the fear of trend following, giving people thoughtful design to enable them to personalise their spaces. Colours softly blend with each other in new calming tones, we are embracing muted & delicate pastels with elegant neutrals. It is the time to turn our spaces into our private sanctuaries. Beautiful new colours and simpler patterning will easily give us a softer lifestyle trend for the future.
- Sources of brand inspiration include…
My travel is always inspirational but our brand inspiration comes from our team, we are a highly passionate group in here.
- Share one of your proudest moments you’ve experienced in the business… Receiving the Life In Style Lifetime achievement award last year! I have to admit I did get myself into a state with the thought of having to do a speech but getting up on stage to receive such an award in front of my best friend, husband and peers has to be my proudest moment.
- What exciting things can visitors expect to see at the upcoming show? As well as being incredibly excited to launch our new Autumn/Winter 2016 collection we will be showcasing a much-anticipated new Life Instyle custom built stand. Come and see us to check it out.
- Best piece of advice you’ve been given…When I told my mother I wanted to be an artist I thought she’d tell me to stop being silly and be practical. Instead she told me to “always follow my dreams” and that she knew I’d be successful at whatever I did. That has always made me want to do things in life to make her proud.
Visit AURA by Tracie Ellis in Sydney at Stand: 0500 and see their profile in the exhibitor directory or also pop over to their website to get your fill of www.aurahome.com.au or follow us on instagram at @aurahome