In a last minute tizz about adding some Christmas cheer to your home? Wendy from Hello Yellow puts a different spin on Christmas decor, and gives us a checklist of cost effective tips for styling your home this festive season!
Christmas is a bit like a dance. Learn a few top tips for Christmas decorating and it will become second nature and FUN.
Here are a few last minute ideas and inspirations to make your home a special place to be this Christmas time. Better still reinvent your decorations and create a piece or two that can work all year round.
- Choose your colour palette: whether you choose metallic, traditional colours or one bold colour. Make this your starting place.
- Re jig your furniture to create a dedicated dining space for Christmas day. Think about who is coming and how you will use the space. Also organise a few chairs with a small side table ready for relaxing and enjoying an odd wine or two.
- Dress the whole table and think about each setting to make it special.
- Make use of items you already have. Like a gorgeous vase… look outside for twigs of all different heights and add Christmas decorations. When it’s not christmas a few paper garlands draped around the twigs will make this work all year round. Or why not hang your childs art from here?
- Create your own tassel garlands based on your beautiful colour way.
- On the day collect gorgeous flowers from your garden for your table and display in a mix of holders. These can be anything from a jam jar to your nans vintage vase.
- Add some greenery via beautiful plants. Invest in some gorgeous hanging plants and again make use of them all year but drape tinsel over them for the festive season.
Be inspired by our green & blue palette with an added a twist of copper!
With surroundings like this and your gorgeous friends and family around you it is bound to be an occasion to remember!
Don’t forget to register now for Life Instyle Sydney 13 – 16 February 2014