The very first session of Conversation Series Melbourne 2017 kicks off with Kylie Lewis from ofkin chatting to eager retailers about how you can be more productive and stress less at work. Here are the top 5 tips to move towards a more productive work life.
- Building a strong foundation in which you start to redesign your life, will enable you to succeed in the business decisions you make every day. Mindset, Choices, Problem Solver, Try, Belief is the mantra to live by.
- What is the purpose of doing what you do? Money is not the driving force, that is the outcome of what your reason why is. Write down your purpose in big font and stick it to a wall you walk past every day in your work life.
- It’s ok to say no. You have the ability to design your work life which means you don’t have to take that job last minute from the clients that don’t pay you on time…ever!
- Purpose – Do things with purpose. Create yourself an I Believe list that features things you believe in and check in on the list monthly to make sure you are on track with what you believe in most.
- Your physical health is the number 1 important thing in creating yourself a better work environment. If you have not had enough sleep (7 hours) your brain has not been able to completely recover and refuel, thus not allowing you to make the best decisions possible for your business.
TO DO: Every 3 months, take 3 hours, to identify 3 priorities for the next 3 months. Get everything out of your head and on to a post-it note so you have more brain capacity to focus on the more important tasks. Hate the carpet…put that on the post-it note.
ADVICE: Manage your energy, not just your time.