Not only is the food an important part of any dinner party though the environment and table setting helps to set the tone for the festivities ahead. Kylie & Sam from DIY Decorator provide some helpful tips on creating the perfect table setting for your next dinner party.
It’s fun to entertain all year round, but in winter the formal dinner party really comes to life. With a dinner party the food is only one part, it’s also important to create the right atmosphere – a beautifully set table, the fireplace or candlelight glowing, music playing and your guests bringing the wine. In the cooler months you can afford to go with darker moody tones and add touches of gold and silver accents.
Here are some of our top tips to create a beautiful winter table setting:
- Use a tablecloth over the table – it creates a formal feel and adds warmth to your setting.
- Use fabric napkins – banish the paper serviettes you put out when hosting a BBQ, and instead use beautiful linen napkins. Yes you’ll have to wash them but it’s worth it.
- Use a napkin ring – decorate your napkin with a beautiful napkin ring.
- Use candles – create atmosphere on your table with candlelight but be careful that strongly scented candles don’t overpower the room when you are serving the food.
- Use your best crockery and cutlery – don’t save the good china for ‘one day’, use it now.
Feature image from The Pretty Blog.
Thinking about attending our upcoming event? Register online now and join us at Life Instyle & Kids Instyle Melbourne from Thursday 30 July – Sunday 2 August. Catch 600+ Out Of This World brands, all showcasing their newest collections to you first – don’t miss out! Trade Only Event.